Job Title: Midwife – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda is an indigenous Christian NGO that offers General and HIV/AIDS medical services also providing technical support for Ministry of Health Systems to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services.
The position holder will be responsible for delivering professional high quality and efficient PMTCT Services to contribute to epidemic control across the supported facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the health of pregnant women and their unborn babies.
- Educating patients as well as their partners and family members on reproductive health, preparation for parenthood, and antenatal care.
- Teaching patients with pain management techniques to prepare them for labor.
- Delivering patients’ babies in birthing centers, patients’ homes, or hospitals as well as providing emotional support and encouragement during labor.
- Taking and recording patients’ blood pressure, temperature, and pulse as well as ordering diagnostic tests as needed.
- Helping patients and their partners to cope with miscarriages, stillbirths, neonatal deaths, and terminations.
- Teaching new mothers how to feed their newborns.
- Assisting patients in creating suitable birth plans.
- Providing sound advice to patients regarding diets, exercises, and medications suitable for pregnancy.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Certificate in Nursing/Midwifery
- Double trained is an added advantage
- At least three years experience in Midwifery/Nursing
- Knowledge of PMTCT, HIV/AIDS care issues (General Nursing Care)
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body/council.
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th November 2021