Job Title: Laboratory Research Coordinator – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Grants and Business Development Manager
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda is an indigenous Christian NGO that offers General and HIV/AIDS medical services also providing technical support for Ministry of Health Systems to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services.
Position holder will work with the laboratory manager to develop the laboratory research business goals, plans, strategies, and targets of the research business initiatives of the Laboratory. The Laboratory Research Coordinator is the internal operational contact and supervisor for research done at the Mildmay Uganda Laboratory.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, process, store and ship specimens/samples accurately under well-defined requirements.
- Assist with receiving, processing storage and shipment of samples according to SOPs
- Track sample processing data and enters them into a database. Maintains all forms and documents including master subject logs.
- Take initiative, identifies and mitigates risks to ensure accuracy in sample processing and data storage.
- Work safely under the EH&S guidelines with potentially biohazardous biological specimens.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, equipment, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Assist with the training of staff or students as needed, including oversight and direction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as a technical resource for other research staff.
- Work closely with labs and treatment centers to insure critical study time points are met.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology/Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent;
- a valid practicing license;
- Postgraduate training in Biomedical Sciences,
- Management and Laboratory Quality Management and Certificate in ISO 15189 GCLP implementation.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working in public health laboratory service delivery in Uganda with a broad knowledge base of clinical laboratory operations, clinical science issues, research study protocols and grant process activities including quality assurance monitoring requirements.
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th September 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.