Job Title: Fresher Enrolled Nurse – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Wakiso
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda has since evolved into a Center of Excellence for HIV care and palliative care; a diploma awarding institution of higher learning specializing in health sciences and accredited by National Council of Higher Education (NCHE); and a Research Centre accredited by Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST). Like our health services, the products of our training, education and research arms are already creating impact nationally and in the East African Community.
Mildmay Uganda continues to contribute significantly towards ending the HIV Epidemic as stipulated in 5-point plan for Ending HIV by 2030. In 1998, Mildmay Uganda opened its gates to public for comprehensive HIV care with just over 3000 children waiting for the life-saving drugs through PEPFAR in 2004. Today, Mildmay Uganda supports care for over 100,000 (13% of the total number of clients on ART in the country) clients 7,000 of them children.
We have continued to champion HIV prevention using a family center and targeted multilayered behavioral change (in line with societal values) and treatment interventions. Through the DREAMS initiative over 40,000 AGYW (10 -24) in high risk groups for HIV have been empowered to remain HIV negative.
Position holder will be responsible for delivering professional, high quality and efficient nursing care services for HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment (PCT) including palliative/rehabilitation services and provision of SRH services in order to improve health outcomes of children, adults and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with residents or clients, their families or carers and members of the health care team.
- Work alongside of and support the care team to ensure that care is delivered with a team member’s scope of practice, is evidence based and is safe and high quality in line with policies and protocols.
- For further key responsibilities of this position refer to allocated duty list and procedures for daily duties.
- Certificate of enrollment in Nursing
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body/council
- At least 2 years’ experience in Nursing
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS care issues (General Nursing Care)
- Working knowledge of English and local language(s)
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.