Job Title: – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021 Finance Officer
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports Directly to: Senior Finance Officer
Supervisory Responsibility: Finance Assistants and Graduate trainees (Kampala based)
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
Working in the Finance Department under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for financial reviews, reporting, resource management, coordinating with others, compliance with donor and MC internal policies and timely submission of quality reports as required by supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform financial Review of TAs, Expense reports, cash payments and simple service contracts for all Kampala based grants and ensure they are accurately coded and meet donor and MC standards
- Coordinate the monthly and annual reporting process operations in relation to the package that should be sent to HQ by the 10 th of the following month.
- Perform financial analysis and provide management information reports.
- Analyze all timesheets and ensure they are complete, charged to current grants and that they are all captured into the EPAR by the 3 rd of every month.
- Supervise the Finance Assistants, Graduate trainees and support them to ensure they are able to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Coordination with Operations to track all outstanding invoices and ensure they are paid on time.
- Ensure/match invoices/receipts, completion reports with GRN and other required documents for processings of contracts and payments in accordance with donor and MC regulations.
- Coordinate and prepare weekly and monthly cash requirement for supported field offices, submit and make sure sufficient cash is available in all offices and monitor its use. Make sure also there is no excess cash.
- Timely Coordinate, receive and prepare consolidated monthly cash projections working closely with the senior finance Officer and the finance Manager.
- Provide on-going orientation, training and support to MC staff on Mercy Corps and respective donor’s rules and regulations.
- Review Kampala transactions entered into Navigator, on a daily basis to make them ready for posting
- Receive Field Bank Reconciliations reports and perform accurate and timely end month procedures i.e cash counts and end month bank reconciliations by the 9 th of the following as per the MCU SFFM.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT are accurately computed and make compilations for monthly statutory deductions and file timely returns (NSSF,WHT,PAYE,LST etc)
- Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Knowledge and Experience
A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
- 3years experience in grants and financial management and accounting.
- Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
- Three years of international NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English skills Willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps and sub grantees field offices and project sites approximately 25%.
An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.