Medical Officer Special Grade (Paediatrics)
Jobs at:Makerere University
Deadline of this Job:
07 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Post: Medical Officer Special Grade (Paediatrics)
Salary Scale: M6.2
Reports to: Director .
• Establish and operationalize a Pediatrics and Child Health Unit at the University Hospital
• Assist in ensuring efficient management of services in his/her specialty at the hospital, the University and the catchment arrears.
• Participate in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients.
• Supervise and mentor Medical Officers, Interns and Health Professionals under his/her care.
• Plan and coordinate Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in his/her specialty, for health professionals at the hospital
• Provide technical and professional advice in his /her area of specialty to the hospital and the Institution.
• Carry out research in his/her area of specialty.
• Compile and submit timely periodical reports
• And any other official duties as assigned by the Director
Age Limit: Applicants should not exceed 56 years of age on the date indicated as the deadline for submission of applications.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree from a recognized University or Institution.
• Master of Medicine degree (MMED) in Pediatrics and Child Health, from a recognized University or Institution.
• Active and up-to-date registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council is a Must.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Makerere University Directorate of Human Resources invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for positions at the University. Please find details of the jobs at http://ehrms.mak.ac.ug/recruitment/jobs and submit your application, details of your bio data, education, qualifications, work experience and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Closing Date 7th/March/2021