Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Medical Officer for the DPSP study to be based at Masafu site, Busia District. The Successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Manager.
• Management of the daily operation of the study clinics including conducting recruitment and follow up of study participants
• Supervising clinicians and home visitors
• Conduct patient evaluations including screening interviews, initial and follow up visits
• Provision of antenatal care services including assessing mothers in labour and
conducting cesarean deliveries where necessary, to enrolled study participants
• Ensure accurate and proper completion on enrollment activities, including informed
• Facilitating and monitoring of scheduling follow up, including auditing of case report forms
• Ensuring proper daily clinic operations including specimens correctly collected and follow up on laboratory results and transfer to study forms
• Review and correct study forms for accuracy and completion daily
• Communication with Masafu Hospital staff regarding clinic referrals or hospitalization of study patients if needed
• Take lead in AE reporting activities
• Communicate regularly with project leaders about study progress and issues through
regular conference calls (must be comfortable using email regularly)
• Conducting and attend regular study clinical staff meetings
• Maintaining good communication between the study team and Masafu Hospital administration
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery (MBChB) from a recognized University.
• Full registration and annual practicing license with the Uganda medical and dental
• practitioner’s council is a must
• Prior experience working in a clinical trial and or experience working in malaria research should be an added advantage
• Evidence of training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP).
• Fluency in languages spoken in the study area e.g Samia, Luganda, Kiswahili will be an
• added advantage.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Candidate must have great attention to detail, high levels of confidentiality and integrity
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: http://idrcuganda.org/careers.html
All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00pm,
Monday 14th June 2021.