Medical Laboratory Assistant
Jobs at:Show Mercy International
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2021
Within Uganda , Wakiso , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Works under the supervision of a Medical Clinical Officer, the Laboratory technician will ensure laboratory services are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To carry out phlebotomy.
• To keep accurate records of tests.
• To carry out laboratory tests and produce uncompromised results.
• To participate in development and implementation of laboratory standard of procedures (SOPs)
• To participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the clinic site.
• To receive, collect, transport, process and analyse laboratory experiments.
• To carry out quality control of laboratory reagents and equipments.
• To assist in drawing-up necessary plans and budgets.
• To attend monthly laboratory meetings and any other meetings that may arise.
• To monitor expenditure against budgets and ensure adherence
• To promote the vision, mission and the values of SMI as expressed in the policies, regulations and guidelines of the Organisation.
• To ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Standards for professional conduct:
• Both Professional and the Organisation’s ethical code of conduct should be adhered to.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for this role should hold a certificate in medical laboratory technology from a reputable training.
• Must be registered with the Allied health professional council and have a valid practicing license.
• At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post in a busy setting.
• Good communication, interpersonal skills and networking skills
• Integrity and ability to develop a productive working relationship with team members
• Ability to operate in a fast and diverse environment
• Knowledge of local languages spoken in the area
• Basic computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft elements
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment and techniques of medical laboratory technology
• Analysing samples and laboratory information.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should hand deliver their applications, CV, academic papers and recommendation letter from their pastor to our base by following these instructions;
If in Kampala town, go to Namirembe park and board a taxi to Kakiri. Tell the conductor you let out at “Kumi nanya” (14 in Luganda) stage. Get a Boda to Show Mercy or “ew’abazungu” at UGX. 3,000.
(If you’re along the Northern by-pass, get a taxi to Kakiri still or one to Wakiso from where you’ll board another headed to Kakiri.)