Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Medical Counsellor for the SEARCH SAPPHIRE study to be based in South Western Uganda. The Successful candidate will report to the Study Coordinator.
Purpose of the position:
The Medical Counsellor will be responsible for providing quality HIV care and counselling to study participants. .
• Provide quality Voluntary HIV Counselling and testing services to SEARCH SAPPHIRE clients/patients.
• Provide psychosocial support counselling to all SEARCH SAPPHIRE participants and when necessary to their families/next of kin.
• Provide adherence assessment, monitoring and counselling for clients living with HIV who drink Alcohol and other drugs.
• Provide quality IAC to patients with non-suppressed Viral Load.
• Participate in screening of potential study participants at participating sites and facilities
• Take part in designing and evaluation of data collection tools for research and general care.
• Administer quality of life assessment and adherence assessment questionnaires for study patients at regular intervals during scheduled study visits.
• Provide out of health facility-based care to clients and families with special needs.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
other desirables for the job:
• Diploma in Nursing or Clinical Medicine or a bachelor’s degree in counselling with additional training in Counselling from a reputable institution.
• Previous training in mental health is an added advantage.
• At least two years’ progressive work experience in a clinical and/or community HIV research institution.
• Previous HIV training and work experience especially in care for those at risk of nonsuppression of VL.
• Fluency in Runyankore and other languages used in South Western Uganda.
• Good computer and interpersonal skills.
• Valid GCP and PHRP certificates
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: http://idrc-uganda.org/careers.html
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
• Those who have previously applied for this position need not re-apply.
• All applications must be submitted through the IDRC recruitment portal on or before 5:00pm, Friday 19th February 2021.
• Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
• Applications cannot be amended following submission.
• ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.