Job Title: Personal Assistant – MCRI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mbale Clinical Research Institute (MCRI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Mbale Clinical Research Institute (MCRI) Profile:
Mbale Clinical Research Institute (MCRI) was established as a research unit within Mbale Regional Referral Hospital that progressively developed by undertaking several clinical and biomedical research projects. Over the years, MCRI’s portfolio has gradually expanded to include different studies involving Severe Anaemia, Severe Pneumonia, Hydroxyurea with SCA, Severe Hypoxia, Malaria, alongside many other major studies.
Have a deep understanding of the Organization and know who the key personnel are, as he/she will be representing Executive Director. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Possess excellent communication and multitasking skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Carry out Personal Assistant duties
- Monitoring the Executive Director’s email and responding if required
- Preparing communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Answering phone calls
- Organising travel and itineraries
- Organising and planning meetings
- Taking notes and writing minutes during Executive Directors meetings
- Conducting or preparing any research that the Executive Director requires
- Various ad hoc requests.
Welcome and Direct Visitors
- Greet clients as soon as they arrive and connect them with the appropriate party
- Take and pass on messages to Guest
- Deal with special requests from Guests
- Answer questions about what the MCRI does and the surrounding Hospital area
- Deal with complaints or problems.
Manage communication in and around MCRI
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct offices
- Answer telephone calls and take messages or forward calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments and maintain event calendars
- Check visitors in and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Inform other employees of visitors’ arrivals or cancellations
- Enter clients data and send correspondence
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
Assure documentation of all visitors at MCRI information
- Copy, file and maintain paper or electronic documents and records
- Create and manage both digital and hardcopy filing systems for all partners
- Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings based on all partners’ itineraries
- Deal with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face
- Complete procedures when Guests arrive and leave
- Prepare bills and take payments.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Secretarial services or its equivalent
- One to two years of experience in Secretarial studies, Business Administration or in a related area.
- She/he must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work under immediate supervision.
- Computer literacy skills
- Verbal and written articulacy
- Professional discretion
- Well-developed time Management Skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Certificate in customer care
- Certificate in communication and GCP.
How To Apply for MCRI Uganda Jobs 2021
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
- An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above)
- Recommendation from the previous/current Employer with the contact.
- The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
- Copies of Academic certificates and transcripts for 0’ level
- The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in your current or immediate previous jobs.
- Your daytime contact telephone number; and
- A statement and proof of current remuneration package
- Valid driving permit.
Please submit your application electronically to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Mbale Clinical Research Institute,
Plot 29-33, Pallisa Road,
P.O. Box 1966, Mbale. Uganda
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 30th November 2021