Job Title: – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Service Providers
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Various
Reports to: Hospital Manager
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health and other health matters.
• Taking necessary steps to ensure that all centre clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
• Effectively manage and resolve complaints raised by clients and promptly escalate difficult issues to the Centre Manager.
Budgetary control & Supplies Management:
• Ensure that stock is dispensed and counted accurately
• Ensure that stock cards are updated continuously and waste and spoilage of stock (ie expired stock) and stock outs is minimised.
• Ensure full participation in stock counting and ordering activities at the centre (including the laboratory, the main store and dispensing cupboard supplies).
• Ensure that the Centre Manager is alerted in time of low stock or discrepancies in stock counts / orders received.
• Taking necessary steps to ensure that costs of utilities like water, power, stationery and other utilities used at Marie Stopes Centre are minimised, and that the centre assets in your possession are maintained in a sound and secure way.
• Administer drugs prescribed in the correct dose, the correct route and at the correct strength for the client, give injections in a safe manner using the aseptic technique.
• Assist with Norplant & IUD insertion, MVA procedure, Pap smear, Tubal Ligation and Vasectomy procedures.
• Provide antenatal, post natal care, emergency deliveries (midwives), and immunisation services.
• Follow STI treatment protocols correctly
• Counsel patients to take up appropriate FP methods.
• Take necessary steps to ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and family planning services are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual (including HIV/AIDS services)
• Conduct weekly checking of essential equipment and promptly inform the Centre Manager of their current status, and follow up repairs or maintenance required of equipment.
• Familiarise yourself with MSI protocols and actively implement all the necessary tasks to achieve the highest standards.
Clean and sterilise instruments and supplies (gauze and cotton wool) at the Centre
Record Keeping and Reporting:
• Ensure that company clients are attended to promptly; claim forms are completed accurately with correct costs calculated on forms.
• Ensure that accurate records are kept in the Centre, and that timely accurate reports are submitted to the Centre Manager.
• Update and complete all records handled by you and these may include the client register, client cards and receipt books
• Maintain confidentiality of client records and ensure that clients are charged as per MSU price list.
• Strive for income from services to meet or exceed set targets.
• Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• A Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery, Certificate of Enrolment
• Must have an up to date registration certificate from a recognised institution.
• Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment
• Sound knowledge of Family Planning methods.
• Sound knowledge of STI detection, management and advice to clients
• Ability to assist with procedures efficiently and effectively to MSI and MSU standards (BTL, Vas, PAC, Norplant, IUD, I.V.)
• Interpersonal/human relation skills
• Verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to instruct/teach
Attitude / Motivation:
• Keen to pursue personal development
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of MSU
• Result driven
• Pro choice
• Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
In this role, you must predict quality issues that might arise and plan to address them
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th April 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.