Manager - Ethics
Jobs at:MTN Uganda Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
05/11/2022, 10:30 PM
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Manager Ethics
Reporting to: Senior Manager Compliance
Division – Risk & Compliance
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that Ethics is part of the identity of MTN Uganda through the implementation of Ethics governance, management, culture change and, ongoing ethics training to support the Ethics strategy. The role will interface with Group Ethics management task team and in-country Divisional Ethics champions to ensure effective and efficient strategy implementation at MTN Uganda.
The role will also liaise with all the commercial business units (Primary risk owners) to develop and improve new and Existing Policies and Procedures.
Main Job Functions:
• Lead in development of the Opco Ethics strategy to manage Ethics and inculcate an Ethical corporate culture.
• Ensure effective implementation of the Opco Ethics strategy by means of providing direction, structure, implementation plans and support.
• Ensure that appropriate measurement metrics are set to track progress made across the company.
• Escalate Ethics related stakeholder issues that will result in reputational damage if not resolved.
• Manage and, through stakeholder consultation where relevant, provide solutions to Ethics management and Governance issues.
• Review and identify key risks, issues, and dependencies and set mitigation actions.
• Conduct awareness of Ethics/Governance policies to all employees and other key stakeholders.
• Ensure that all Ethics Policies are reviewed and updated in a timely manner in accordance with the MTN Group Master policy.
• Receive Ethics queries and dilemmas from staff and offer the relevant advice whilst reporting trends to Group Ethics.
• Develop / implement / maintain Standards of Ethical Conduct, related procedures
• Monthly Reporting to the Executive Committee through the GM Risk & Compliance relating to progress made on Ethics management.
• Quarterly Reporting to Group Ethics on the status of implementation of the Ethics strategy.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• University degree preferably in Governance, Assurance, Audit, Legal fields.
• Post graduate qualification (MBA/Masters) is advantageous
• Membership/Affiliation with governance associations e.g., Institute of Corporate Governance Uganda (ICGU)
• Professional certification in Ethics Management e.g., Certified Ethics Officer is an added advantage
Experience & Skills:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Ethics Management, Audit, Fraud Risk management or other human resource culture change fields in a medium to large sized organization.
• Experience in working across diverse cultures and demographics
• Demonstrable ability or involvement in a culture-change.
• Experience working cross-functionally and teams across different business areas.
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.