Malaria Services Quality Improvement Advisor, Karamoja
Jobs at:Medical Care Development International
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Within Uganda , Karamoja , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Are you a seasoned Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor with a background in working in US Government funded projects, and are you interested in a rewarding career with our International Division? Then this is the right opportunity for you to join our team. Read on…
MCD is a global public health non-profit organization recognized in the United States and internationally as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner in the design, implementation, and assessment of high quality, enduring programs in public health.
MCD envisions a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being.
MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions.
MCD’s mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of people worldwide through enduring, high quality, cost-effective and universally accessible public health solutions.
We are looking to bring on board a Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor to improve the quality and effectiveness of diagnostics procedures and clinical management practices for malaria prevention programs in the Karamoja Regional Office located in Uganda. The QI Advisor will conduct assessments of malaria case management capacity and practices in local and clinical settings to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement. Additionally, the QI Advisor will assist the Home Office with the introduction of innovations, such as digitized malaria microscopy images. The QI Advisor will also contribute to the international division’s new business development and organizational reform efforts by developing guidelines, training materials, and job aids, and presenting program activities and results to stakeholders and other program supporters.
The successful candidate will be highly experienced in the improvement of diagnostic and clinical malaria case management, data analysis, and intervention development, and is familiar with USAID grants and contracts. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, reliable, innovative, and collaborative mentor and problem-solver who practices and upholds the highest ethical research and care standards. Thus, the candidate must be open to technical and financial management audits and inspections.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse team focused on growing our global impact in the public health field.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
• Professional degree in medicine or laboratory sciences, or equivalent (biology, microbiology, etc.);
• Significant experience in project management, technical assistance, capacity building and/or supervision in malaria or other public health programs; experience with providing technical assistance to National Malaria Control Divisions or Programs in Uganda or elsewhere preferred;
• Demonstrated experience in malaria diagnostics, clinical management, prevention, and related Quality Assurance and/or Quality Improvement;
• Training and supervisory experience as it pertains to malaria diagnostics, clinical management, data analysis, and/or malaria prevention;
• Research experience in public health or malaria is a plus; good relations with local research entities would be an advantage;
• Ability to work in a team to address requests from a broad spectrum of stakeholders, including the Home Office, partners, donors, etc., and develop and present appropriate resolutions to same;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages and basic English; and
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite and database management with the ability to successfully manage time, deadlines, and multiple tasks.
Position Type: Full Time
Level(s): Mid-level, Senior level
Location(s): Karamoja Regional Office, Uganda
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
An updated CV and cover letter (including salary expectations) should be sent to: [email protected] . When submitting the application package, please include the job title and Reference # MCDI-251 in the email’s subject line. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales.
Position will be open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCD requires all employees to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption. Do not provide information about whether you are seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement unless and until you receive a conditional offer of employment from MCD.