Job Title: 4 Fresher Research Nurses – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Duty Station: Kampala
Position Number: MUWRP/06/06/2021
Makerere University Walter Reed Project Profile:
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma districts.
The incumbent will serve as a Research Nurse for the Makerere University / Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) at plot 42 Nakasero road, Kampala.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Recruitment of volunteers
2. Administering HIV testing and counseling
3. Administering Informed Consent.
4. Administering questionnaires
5. Collection and documentation of vital signs
6. Study drug administration
7. Collection of study specimens
8. Compliance with study procedures and GCP standards
9. Ensure participant safety and confidentiality.
10. Following Standard Operating Procedures
11. Manage HIV positive clients and providing ART adherence counselling when required
Required Education and Knowledge and Experience
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
2. At least 1 year of post-qualification professional experience
3. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training.
4. Previous work in a research environment is added advantage
1. Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Ability to work on own initiative.
4. Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
5. Good interpersonal/communication skills
6. Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda
Supervisory Controls The individual will serve under the immediate supervision of the Research Manager or Project Supervisor
Physical ability: The ability to travel or relocate within the worksite and field stations.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 25th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.