Job Title: 3 Fresher Medical Officers – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Duty Station: Kampala
Position Number: MUWRP/07/06/2021
Makerere University Walter Reed Project Profile:
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma districts.
The incumbent will serve as a Medical Officer for the Makerere University / Walter Reed Project (MU/WRP) based at plot 42 Nakasero road
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Participate in recruitment, enrolment and follow up of study participants
2. Responsible for eligibility assessments.
3. Work with the Research Manager and Study Coordinator to implement assigned study protocols and related procedures as approved by IRB.
4. Monitor, manage, document, report adverse events and provide emergency care to trial participants when needed
5. Ensure participant safety and confidentiality.
6. Work closely with the clinical research team to identify and develop new research ideas.
7. Compliance with study procedures and GCP/ICH guidelines.
8. Provide emergency medical care to participants if required
9. Writing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
10. Documentation of procedures, processes and events
11. Actively participate in reviewing generating and designing research protocols including public health evaluations.
12. Participate in writing scientific abstracts and giving presentations at scientific meetings,
13. Participate in training of other study staff on medical concepts as may be required.
14. Provide clinical management for ART clients at the Nakasero clinic as may be required
15. Provide technical support to program teams to ensure accurate and quality data.
16. Keep abreast with changing ART clinical guidelines through attendance of meetings, trainings and conferences.
17. Attend clinic and Sponsor organized meetings and prepare and provide study updates at meetings
Required Education and Knowledge:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery.
2. Demonstrated scientific writing skills
3. Strong leadership and communication skills.
4. Experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment services
5. Demonstrable teamwork
Added Advantage Education / Training
Demonstrated ability to generate and develop scientific research concepts
1. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training.
2. Research Ethics Training
3. Knowledge of Regulatory Procedures
4. Previous experience working in a clinical research environment
1. Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
2. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team
4. Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
5. Good interpersonal/communication skills
6. Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda
Supervisory controls: The individual will serve under the immediate supervision of the Research Manager or Project Supervisor
Physical Ability: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate. The ability to frequently travel or relocate between MUWRP sites in Uganda.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 25th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.