- Company: ABInBev
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Co-ordinate, coach and control the activities of the level four maintenance teams in the production environment and to provide specialist technical advice to ensure maximum equipment availability.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Ensure adherence safety, health and environmental legislation and procedures
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Facilitate Sustainable Development initiatives
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimise) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate instruments.
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- All work is carried out using the VPO principles
- Understands, Implements and Complies to the GOP requirements
- Sustains what has been implemented.
- Bachelors of Science Eng. (Mech. /Elect.) or equivalent; a Diploma in Packaging (IBD) is added advantage
- Diploma in Engineering(Mechanical/Millwright) or equivalent and trade 3 to 5 years production Engineering experience with 3 years in supervisory level Knowledge of Brewing and Packaging plant will be an advantage PC literate (Proficiency in Microsoft office applications)
- Min – 3 – 5 years production engineering in a FMCG environment
- 2-3 Years mechanical/electrical with in-depth workshop knowledge. Planning experience required
- Ability to manage a maintenance department.
- Mental alertness.
- Analytical and evaluations skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Articulate communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- People handling ability.
- Accuracy, judgement, decisiveness and persuasiveness.
- Work organization and drive.
- Motivational and developmental skills.
- Enforce required standards
- High flexibility
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted