Job Title: Fresher District Project Assistant – MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Job Location: Nebbi
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) Profile:
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries is a Government Ministry charged with creating an enabling environment in the Agricultural Sector.
The District Project Assistant (DPA) will be required to support the District Project Coordinator in; Project implementation, coordination, supervision and carrying out M&E activities. The key duties will include assisting the District Project Coordinator to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM), compiling M&E activity reports, facilitation of training at primary school and community levels and providing feedback to the community, district and national levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist the District Project Implementation Committee (DPIC) to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
• Support the District Project Implementation Committee to plan and execute project activities in a timely manner as planned in the PIM as well as regular Work Plans and Budgets (RWPB).
• Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to undertake the day-to-day management of the District Project Coordination Unit (District PCU) processes and tasks.
• Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to organize human, financial and material resources to achieve the project objectives.
• Support the District Project Implementation Committee to effectively manage, monitor and evaluate project tasks, processes, budgets for achievement of planned outputs.
• Support the District Project Coordinator to ensure good coordination with; the District Production Department, Education Department, District Health Department, participating primary schools and MAAIF Headquarters/PCU, with the aim of facilitating project implementation support, supervision and evaluation missions and implementing recommendations agreed between the missions and the District
• Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to manage the internal and external communication and knowledge sharing of project objectives, activities, outputs and impacts.
• Support the District Project Implementation Committee to prepare and submit mandatory monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity and financial reports. These reports include both online (through the GEMS system) and manual reports e.g regular M&E reports, monthly district and subcounty project supervision reports, Assessments, Audit reports, financial reports among others.
• Support the District Project Implementation Committee to monitor and evaluate the project and prepare monthly, quarterly and Annual Performance Reports. These reports include both online (through the GEMS system) and manual reports.
• Supervise and appraise Community facilitators (using appraisal forms from PCU) to implement project activities within the district including timely reporting and proper use of project equipment.
• On a monthly basis, submit to the National PCU the district project performance report that includes both district, school and community level performance. All reports should be approved by the District Project Coordinator and the Chief Administrative Officer.
• In discussion with the District Project Implementation Committee, report to the National PCU any challenges that hinder project implementation within the district.
• Attend project meetings convened by the National Project Coordination Unit from time to time
• Any other project duties as assigned by the DPIC and the National Project Coordination Unit
Minimum Qualifications for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
The candidate should hold an Honour’s University degree in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Project Management, Nutrition, Education, Health, Environmental Studies, Community Development or related areas from a reputable university/institution. Good knowledge and understanding of the project area is an added
• Demonstrate experience in either community development and research in this area or related field.
• Ability to work with and coordinate the activities of a range of public and private agencies, at community, sub county and district levels
• Have ability to coordinate at multi-sectoral level, district and community level
• Ability to competently operate various computer-based word-processing software, spreadsheets and internet
• Excellent communication skills, including report writing
• Ability to work independently, and produce accurate work in a timely manner
• Keen and attention to detail
How To Apply for MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2021
The shortlisting and selection of the Project staff shall be conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines; Selection and Empowerment of consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants) World Bank borrowers (Jan 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”)
Sealed expression of interest (application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255
Deadline: 21st April 2021 at 4 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.