M & E Specialist
Jobs at:Integrated Transport Solutions Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Role balance guide
You will lead in establishing performance measurement plan, development of key indicators, and implementing innovative techniques for monitoring, evaluation reporting, and learning for a digital registration project. You should be experienced in designing and implementation of M&E in digital registration projects implemented by National/International bodies with emphasis on live data reporting and visualization. You will analyze and produce reports routinely including system spot checks to identify bottlenecks in implementation.
Managing Director Supervises
TBD Key External Relationships
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development and implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation strategies.
• Assist in the formulation of M&E recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of policies.
• Assists in the conduct of ongoing reviews of the implementation of M&E systems within the department.
• Collect, compile and analyse data from the URA system and uses it to compile a consolidated monthly and annual report.
• Review M&E findings and best practices and disseminates information to stakeholders to facilitate evidence-based planning, learning and informed decision-making.
• Assist with the design, facilitation and coordination of recommended capacity building initiatives, such as workshops and training programmes for relevant stakeholders, in order to facilitate a culture of results-based management.
• To represent the department at meetings, conferences, courses, seminars, committee meetings and workshops.
• Prepare Notes for the management team and periodic and/or ad-hoc reports on matters related to the monitoring and evaluation of the programme. Setting up the system:
• Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required. Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with partners/implementors
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings. Communication:
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1) Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues;
2) Delivery high quality outputs;
3) Demonstrate compliance with all legislation, media regulations and industry best-practices, and UDLS Project policies and procedures
Values and Behaviour
1) Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Uganda Driving License System culture, performance and brand
2) Actively demonstrate the company values:
• Integrity: We stand up for what is right
• Collaboration: We are stronger together
• Empowerment: We make a difference
• Action: We focus on results
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
1) Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures of Uganda Driving License System and take all reasonable care that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others in the project.
Expected to maintain confidentiality of all information you come into contact with
This job description defines the broad responsibilities of this position. Please refer to project work plans for more specific details of performance goal, objectives, targets and indicators.
Qualifications & Experience
• Advanced degree in statistics, M&E, or Business Administration
• At least four years of demonstrated experience and knowledge with information technology M&E systems and cloud-based M&E platforms
• In-depth understanding in designing, interpret evaluation, research study design, outcome measurement and statistical methods.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
• Experience with data quality assessments and oversight. Key Competencies
• Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills. Other
• A mature team player able to work well under pressure and under minimum supervision while paying attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send applications to [email protected] quoting the job title in the subject line.
Applications should include CV, motivation letter, daytime telephone number and contact details of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ITSL is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis from 28th March 2022 until positions are filled.