Job Title: Project Officer (GBV & SRH) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Obongi, Northern Region, Uganda
Reports To: Protection Coordinator
No; of Positions: One (1)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 1 year contract (with possibility for extension)
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centred and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWFUganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors. For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the responsible personnel at the district local governments, local leaders, health workers, religious leaders and established community structures in the assigned district(s) to identify the root causes of GBV and address them.
- Take lead in the establishment of Male Action Groups (MAGs) and use these community-based male groups as champions of change for GBV prevention, promotion of gender equality & SRH.
- Scale up the tested community mobilization approach of SASA! by; conducting baseline assessments for SASA! Identifying and training Community Activists on SASA Methodology, mapping out SASA! initiatives and conducting continuous rapid assessments during implementation;
- Take lead in organizing and conducting various community dialogue meetings on GBV and SRH.
- Assess, facilitate and strengthen the capacity for health workers and village health teams’ /community health workers and target community to conduct SRMH activities
- Participate in the design and implementation of BCC strategies for purposes of increasing awareness on SRMH
- Support the development/review and printing of GBV referral pathways and facilitate the District GBV Working Groups coordination meetings to develop referral pathways
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports, on time and with accurate data.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
The Applicant must possess A Bachelors’ Degree in Development Studies, Law, Social Sciences, Humanities/Health related field. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in humanitarian work in community mobilization SGBV prevention and SRHM. Authoritative knowledge of SASA! Methodology. Ability to ride a motorcycle and with a valid riding permit is a must. Experience with GBVIMS is an asset. Awareness and knowledge of GBV issues especially participatory methods for community education and mobilization in a humanitarian. Experience of monitoring and evaluation and project management is also essential. Experience in working with refugees and local communities to promote community- based structures and institutions for self-management;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in peace building [community security projects). Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts. Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment. Strong competencies in people management, capacity building and coaching; Excellent communicator who leads in building relationships within LWF and with other stakeholders such as partners, donors, authorities.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.