Jobs at:Food for the Hungry
Deadline of this Job:
15 Agust 2022
Within Uganda , Lamwo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia. Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, United States of America and Japan. FH's primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction, with the Head office located in Kampala.
External vacancy announcement FH/Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings below on a rolling basis:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (01 position)
Position Type: Full Time National Staff
Reports to: Regional Logistics Officer-North
Contract Length: 24 months
Start Date: October 2022 (To be hired on rolling basis)
Under the supervision of the Regional Logistics Officer North, the Logistics Assistant will conduct timely procurement of quality goods, services and works that comply with the required specifications while upholding Food for the Hungary's procurement procedures and policies and maintaining high level of accountability and integrity. With support from the Regional Logistics Officer, seek for procurement and logistical support for effective management of program procurement needs. The job holder shall further support the functioning of administration in areas of inventory, fleet, assets management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Procurement Processing - 55%
• Stakeholder Relationship and Performance Management- 15%
• Administration (Inventory. Fleet and Asset Management -30%
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management a relevant Post Graduate Qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum 3+ years in a busy procurement and logistics department an INGO environment is required
• Good knowledge of donor requirements (DFID, USAID) contractual, procurement and reporting requirements required. Familiarity with areas of operation is an added advantage.
• Note: A valid motorcycle riding permit, including the ability to ride and care for a motorcycle is a must for this job
• Language Proficiency in local languages like Luo for Lamwo and written English is a Must.
• Adolescent programing, compliance, external engagement Gender mainstreaming, Safeguarding, financial and project management experience. Experience with working with private and institutional donors. This will include UNWFP, UNFAO, UNHCR, UKAID/FCDO, GIZ, KOICA. USAID. EU-ECHO. PRIA
• Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Education development studies/social sciences, law, Entrepreneurship, Business studies.
• Master's degree in development studies/Social sciences. Education. Public health, Business Administration project management preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
NOTE: Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting [email protected] Employment with FH offers an attractive package which includes a good salary commensurate to one's role, a good medical insurance package for staff and dependents, provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements.
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MR of an onlication letter a detailed CV
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: [email protected] not later than Thursday 18th August, 2022 at 4:30pm. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don't hear from us by 15th September, 2022
Safeguarding & Protection Clause: FH strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud, FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat, Anti-Fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Food for the Hungry Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants' previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Disclaimer: t has come to our attention that several agencies or persons, are claiming to be acting on Food for the Hungry's (FH)behalf in recruiting or facilitating the recruitment of personnel. FH does not outsource its recruitment process to any organization or agency which, through website postings, mass e-mail messages or otherwise claims to be doing recruitment on its behalf. FH does not solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing. interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. FH will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.