Locum Research Study Nurse
Jobs at:The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAPcertified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The IDI supported by the WHO STOP TB Partnership is running a short study to clinically validate CAD4TB The Private Sector Involvement in the provision of TB services (PRIME-TB) project is sponsored by the WHO STOP TB partnership through the TBREACH funding mechanism. The project aims to increase access to TB care services in Gulu, Kitgum and Lira by engaging private health providers to recognize signs and symptoms of TB appropriately screen patients for the disease and link them to the public sector for TB diagnosis and treatment. The project is also running cross-sectional study to clinically validate CAD4TB software for the detection of abnormalities consistent with TB. The study will run in two public hospitals (Gulu regional referral hospital and Kitgum general hospital) and will enroll about 2255 patients with presumptive TB.
In order to contribute to achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit a motivated and competent individual for the position as indicated below:-
Job Title : Locum Research Study Nurse
Vacancy Code : LRSN-X001
Classification : Locum
Duty Station : GULU
Duration: :06 Months
The research nurse will be responsible for recruitment of study participants and administering of all study related procedures to these participants. The research nurse will ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
• Adhere to the protocol/SOPs of the study.
• Undertake daily review of patients to establish eligibility for inclusion in the study and make relevant recommendations.
• Participate in patient screening, enrolment, HIV testing, perform pregnancy testing as guided by the protocol.
• Obtain written informed consent and assent for those eligible and are willing to participate in the study.
• Administer all study procedures like sample collection, data collection and entry as guided by the protocol and in accordance to set standards of Good Clinical Practice.
• Refer TB positive patients diagnosed through the study on where to be managed, in accordance with the recommended MOH treatment guidelines
• Ensure that all data collected is accurate and complete in the RedCap Software.
• Perform first-level quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) to ensure all fields in the consent forms and case report forms (CRFs) are complete and accurate.
• Assist in generating study progress reports as needed.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Study Coordinator or Principal Investigator, as deemed necessary for study activities.
Required Qualifications skills and attributes:
• Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution.
• Currently registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Up to date training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
• Previous experience with working in a research environment will be an added advantage.
• Ability to speak Acholi will be an added advantage.
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 11th October 2021. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main
Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda