Locum Finance & Administration Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FH1360 is a Non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. In Uganda, the organization implements several projects including the USAID's Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity that aims to improve maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition outcomes. FHI 360 is seeking for the following short-term locums and consultant
Position: Locum Finance & Administration Assistant
Duration: 120 Working Days
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that payments to vendors are processed timely in line with FH1360 policies.
2. VAT schedule preparation, follow up on receipts from suppliers, timely submission of VAT schedule and supporting documents to USAID
3. Filing of payment vouchers Stamping payments "PAID“ and scanning payment documents on a weekly basis and sharing these with the SFO for uploading on share point
4. Processing staff travel and work advances and follow up review of expense reports, other requests against supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness.
5. Review all invoices received from suppliers for approval prior to payment processing
6. Prepare and set up invoices for payments by electronic transfer (online) and by cheque.
7. Enter transactions into Accounts payable template following chart of accounts for posting and payment processing
8. Maintain files and documentations thoroughly and accurately in manner that eases retrieval for audit, donor reporting and other usage.
9. Provide supporting documentation needed for both audit, donor compliance purpose.
10. Manage and update the Fixed Asset Register and submit this on a quarterly basis for review.
11. Logistical support to country office and program team in implementation of activities
12. To ensure ensure cleanliness and security at the office premise resulting in safety of staff and property.
13. Logistical support during workshops, conferences, meetings,
14. Any other duties that may arise as delegated by the Supervisor or HOD.
Qualifications and experience:
Should have a bachelor's degree in accounting from a recognized university with full CPA qualifications and at least three years' experience in a USAID funded organization.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their application to uganda [email protected] as soon as possible and no later than 27th August 2021 at 5:00pm . Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted