World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Local Governance and Social Accountability Coordinator
Report to: Associate Director Advocacy
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
- The Local Governance and Social Accountability Coordinator will provide technical support and guidance to the clusters/AP (Regions) in integration of the Citizen Voice and Action social accountability approach within the programs.
- The job holder will guide World Vision partnership strategic direction of shifting its focus from service provision to citizen empowerment towards the wellbeing of the child.
- The job holder will also support documentation and analysis of evidence generated through social accountability approaches to inform WVU’s policy positions at local district and national level.
- To Provide oversight and technical guidance to the clusters within their regions as they design and implement CVA within their APs/clusters.
- Coordinate capacity enhancement for staff and partners in CVA and advocacy for both development and humanitarian contexts within their respective Regions
- Nurture and strengthen strategic partnerships, networks and coalitions with civil society organizations, government bodies and private sectors within their Regions to lobby and influence service delivery for the wellbeing of children and their families.
- Support improved documentation and reporting through the CVA database; monitoring and analysis of evidence generated through CVA to inform policy positions at district and national level
- Support with resource mobilization, acquisition and budgeting through proposal writing and maintaining a high profile that can attract funding opportunities.
- Support all Advocacy Campaigns within their regions and ensure linkages with CVA
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences and/or other related courses in Humanities
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing social accountability approaches and ensuring linkages of local actions to national level policy processes
- Technical skills: Direct programming experience and expertise in implementing social accountability approaches
- Strong experience in working with local governments
- Experience in working on child rights issues and campaigns
- Experience in Community mobilization and empowerment
- Experience in policy analysis and documentation
- Experience in Policy analysis and engagements
- Ability to lead others and work under minimum Supervision.
- Effective communication, Facilitation, analysis and networking skills.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Skills in awareness creation
- Building networks and coalitions skills
- Ability to communicate in English required