Livelihood& Cash Advisor – Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Livelihood and Cash Advisor at our Country Office in Kampala. The Livelihood and Cash Advisor will provide support to all ongoing cash programmes across the thematic areas and strategy development and livelihood programmes under the child poverty themes and cross thematic programmes. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Bachelor Degree, ( Master’s degree preferred ) in a relevant area such as Development Economics, Agricultural Development, Rural Development, Poverty Studies, Rural Sociology.
- At least 7 years of practical working experience in Livelihood, Cash and Vouchers Assistance at advisors/or specialist level;
- Proven experience in conducting market assessment and analysis, livelihood related options/activities and capacity building;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of national institutional contexts in Uganda is an advantage
- Experience in working with local government or NGOs on livelihood/Cash operations related to the contexts in Uganda;
Very good command in English & excellent writing skills and the ability to prepare clear, concise reports.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link * * indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 18 June 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.