Job Title: 2 Medical Records Officers – Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Organization: Lira Regional Referral Hospital
Duty Station: Uganda
Project Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Reports to: Senior Medical Records Officer
Lira Regional Referral Hospital Profile:
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Enter all required records in electronic data base -Uganda EMR (Open MRS)
- Carry out data cleaning of all records entered
- Extract data from the system according to data requests availed.
- Troubleshoot and maintain the electronic systems
- Support the nearby Health Facilities with Data entry into Uganda EMR as assigned.
- Support and mentor the health facility medical records clerks in the following:
- Registration of all patients
- Recording patient visits and other registration data in appropriate HMIS tools
- Preparing patient files for the clinic day
- Filing all patient files at the end of the clinic and all laboratory test /results.
- Ensuring that the medical records room is orderly and all files accounted for
- Ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in the HMIS
- Timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports
- Ensuring availability of required HMIS tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines etc.
- Perform data abstraction from the HMIS, EMR and other sources for project reporting.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must hold an honours degree in either Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Health Information Technology, Medical Records and Health Informatics, Library and Information Science or the equivalent from a recognized Institution/University
- Three years of relevant work experience in records management in the health sector
How To Apply for Lira Referral Hospital Jobs
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira Regional Referral Hospital,
P.O. BOX 2, Lira. Uganda
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry
OR via email to: [email protected] (File size must not exceed 2MB.)
Deadline: 23 rd December 2021