Job Title: – Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021 Lab Technician
Organization: Lifelink Hospital Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Head of Laboratory
Lifelink Hospital Uganda Profile
To perform a variety of laboratory tests by following the correct procedures to assist in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To perform tests according to the standard operating procedures as per tests
- To perform all Lab tests as required by the doctor/clinician
- Always keep patient’s results as confidential
- To recommend any other tests if you think they will improve on the patients’ management
- Interact with doctors/clinician in case of a significant finding in the patient’s results
- Recording all results in the Lab record books
- Performing phlebotomies
- Explain to OPD clients the Lab results or referring them where you can’t give an appropriate explanation
- Ensure proper storage of reagents, samples and equipment
- Preparing reagents for daily use
- Ensure that patients’ rights and safety are not violated
- Ensure proper interpretation of tests results to patients
- Ensure proper transportation of samples to other Labs (in case of outside/out of premises Lab tests)
- Ensure personal protective ware while in the laboratory.(Closed shoes, gloves, lab coats etc.)
- Always attend C.M.Es and Laboratory department meetings
- Ensure good reception of all clients.
- Always greet the patient.
- Direct clients where need arises.
- Ensuring good staff client’s relationship
- Give relevant explanations to client about their test samples and results
- Timely delivery of results to clinicians and doctors
- To handle client’ complaints diligently
- Always follow up on patient’s results and call them to pick their results
PREMISES, EQUIPMENTS AND SUPPLIES
- To ensure proper arrangement of the lab
- To ensure proper disposal of waste
- To ensure that lab reagents and equipment are in good working condition and are not expired
- Ensure that machines are switched off after work
- To ensure that the lab is adequately supplied with reagents and any other equipment at all times
- To update yourself on the available and unavailable tests
- To ensure that the lab is clean and organized, including the bench, the floors and other drawers
- To ensure stock takings and avoid stock outs
- To ensure proper storage of reagents, samples and equipment
- To fill daily maintenance logs
- To regularly asses the quality of results produced by our lab
- To regularly assess the functionality of the lab equipment and assesses the quality of recycled containers and instruments
- To filter and prepare reagents
- To update each other on the proper lab test procedures and any reporting methods
- To compare lab results with doctors’ clinical notes to ensure that they tally
COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- To report to the Manager/ Head of Laboratory any lab queries
- To report to the Manager/ Head of Laboratory in case of failure/absence from duty
- To report any challenges faced in the Laboratory department
- To identify and inform management of any other laboratory needs/requirements
- To give the Manager/Head of Laboratory prior notice of any reagents short supply
- To ensure that all tests are properly and correctly billed
- To ensure that our patients’ laboratory tests have been paid for before they are done
- Return receipts to the cashiers in case of any petty cash given for proper accountability
- To assess and identify own education and training needs and explore all opportunities for marinating and updating own professional knowledge and skills
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or higher qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a busy laboratory
- Must be registered with Allied Health Professional Council.
- Must have a valid Annual Practicing License.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment and techniques of Medical laboratory technology.
- Have good medical knowledge
- Able to use specialized medical equipment
- Organization of lab work?ows interpretation and reporting of lab observations.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Of?ce.
- Excellent organizational skills required with strong team orientation
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills using the team work concept
- Careful and analytical approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Empathetic, supportive and professional approach to patients
- Energetic, resilient and able to prioritize
- Ability to learn and work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision
- Professional, mature and confident
How To Apply for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.