Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Development of laboratory documents (logs, forms, SOPs), trainings, storage/archiving of source documents
• Data entry and sample tracking
• Perform sample collection, malaria microscopy, HIV testing and any other clinical laboratory tests.
• Specimen processing, storage and preparation for shipping
• Maintain strict inventory system
• Conduct molecular experiments which include extraction of DNA, Amplification of DNA, Running of Genexpert machine, staining and reading of Gram smears and many others
• Calibrate and maintain all equipment, record and analyze results, report their findings to the Study coordinator or any other direct supervisor and adhere to all laboratory procedures.
• Preparing the necessary reagents for the routine laboratory work and ensure proper inventory of all laboratory supplies.
• Making sure that internal quality control systems are followed and participate in the quality control and quality assurance programs;
• Make timely orders of Lab equipment, reagents, consumables and other supplies
• Receipt and verification of all supplies and equipment
• Installation of new equipment, validation and training of other users.
• Participate in all training programs organized by the organization for purposes of
safety and quality improvement.
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma in Medical Lab sciences
• Bachelor’s degree in laboratory sciences is an added advantage
• Reputable computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power point and Access
• At least 5yrs experience working in busy Laboratory with a good inventory system.
• Prior experience working in HIV/Malaria endemic areas
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in research Lab with a bias in molecular lab sciences is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website: http://idrcuganda.org/careers.html
All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00pm, Monday 14th June 2021.