Jobs at:Agri Exim FZE
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Laboratory Chemist.
Reports to: Microbiologist/Laboratory Head
To setup apparatus and carry out qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical analysis on both raw materials and finished good food samples while ensuring compliance with the established Safety and Quality Standards.
• To prepare and standardise laboratory reagents for sample analysis
• To conduct sample analysis for qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical parameters as per the established standard food test methods.
• Responsible for equipment calibration, daily verification and maintenance with traceability and compile equipment performance reports for submission to the Laboratory Head.
• Responsible for good housekeeping and total cleanliness of the laboratory apparatus and the equipment therein in accordance to written procedures and standards.
• Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date glassware and reagent inventory records.
• To ensure proper documentation and reporting of lab activities as per the established format and procedures.
• To participate in Proficiency Testing and other competence assessment activities of the laboratory.
• To actively participate in ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System documentation for laboratory accreditation.
• To participate in BRC documentation and other Quality and safety audits of the company
• Implement Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as per written Standard Operating Procedures of the Testing laboratory.
• To participate In-process control activities as may be required from time to time.
Education and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry), Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology. Training in Laboratory Safety and ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System is an added advantage.
Minimum 3 years of work experience in Analytical Laboratory Operations with excellent knowledge of Food Analysis.
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• People management skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Able to work under pressure and in changing shifts including night.
Send application to : [email protected]