Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling "Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world". MTI-UG has operations in West Nile, Mid-Western and South Western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition to people of concern and the local communities. MTI-Uganda is seeking to recruit highly competent, dynamic, trainable and experienced candidate for immediate placement for period of 4 months in the following position:
Job title: Laboratory Assistant
Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are respected at all times.
• Collect samples, including performing phlebotomy and conducting home visits to patients unable to travel to health facility, and conduct routine laboratory investigations for patients
• Interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring confidentiality
• Process specimens to be sent to outside laboratories and do follow up
• Maintain quality control of specimen samples
• Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per good laboratory practices
• Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
• Monitor the consumption of supplies and equipment required for laboratory activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
• Other duties as assigned
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For each position's full job description, please click the link below
Application Deadline: Wednesday 25th August 2021; 5.00 PM
1. Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY including 3 work related referees to; [email protected]
2. INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: ONLY THE POSITION ID & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.a. For example: #E2101 MBARARA
3. Do not attach your Academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted
4. Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements and system application procedures.
5. Medical Teams International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, Shortlisting, interview meeting, processing, reference verification, training or any other fees)
6. Medical Teams International will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engagingin any fraudulent recruitment activity.
7. Medical Teams International is an equal opportunity employer. 8. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MTI is an equal opportunity Employer.
SHORTLISTING WILL BE ON A ROLLING BASIS