Jobs at:AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF)
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2021
Within Uganda , Rakai and Masindi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO based in Los Angeles, California, USA. AHF is registered in Uganda as AIDS Healthcare Foundation - Uganda Cares. AHF-Uganda Cares is collaboration between the Uganda Ministry of Health and AIDS Healthcare Foundation with a mission to provide cutting edge and free HIV and AIDS services, including antiretroviral therapy in resource constrained settings.
AHF - Uganda Cares to date operates in 23 districts including Masaka, Kampala, Rakai, Kyotera, Lyantonde, Soroti, Lwengo, Luweero, Bukomansimbi, Kalungu, Kalangala, Masindi, Amuria, Butambala, Gomba, Nakasongola, Nakaseke, Buikwe, Ntungamo, Tororo, Kapelebyong, Gulu, Busia and supports 52 clinic sites country wide. The organisation now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the position below.
The position is based at Rakai Hospital in Rakai district and Masindi Hospital in Masindi District. The position holder administers the receiving, capturing and distribution of all specimens to ensure correct information is obtained and recorded and to facilitate the speedy processing of specimens in terms of service objectives
The holder of the position performs among others the following duties;
• Periodic review of SOPs - Receiving, labels, and sorts specimens for testing according to standard operating procedures;
• Capturing patient information onto the system and checks the type of specimen against the test required;
• Verifying suitability of specimen for processing and rejects unsuitable samples in accordance with set standard operating procedures;
• Creating shipping list of samples for distribution to laboratories in order to ensure completeness of audit trail;
• Administering the distribution of specimens to ensure the correct and prioritized channeling of specimens to the various disciplines;
• Appropriate packaging, recording, monitoring, and of all outgoing referral specimens to ensure that specimens are received by designated laboratory, processed, and results returned in a timely;
• Receipt and downloading of electronic referrals to correlate specimen received with information provided and follow up accordingly, in order to improve turn around time;
Qualifications and Experience:
• Certificate in Medical Laboratory Techniques
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professional Council
• A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To be considered for this recruitment, please;
Address your email application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to:
[email protected] mentioning clearly Position and Location in the subject line. The email should not be larger than 2 MB - any larger email will not be considered.
Address your hard copy application including telephone contact details to the:
Human Resources Manager,
AIDS Healthcare Foundation Plot 54B Kira Road, Kampala.
Deadline: Monday 24 May 2021 at 5:00pm
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer