Knowledge Management Advisor
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
• Work closely with senior project management to determine project knowledge management priorities and provide technical support for all HIV knowledge management activities.
• Serve as point of contact and interact independently with project field-based colleagues on the production of knowledge management deliverables and keep senior project management apprised of activity progress.
• Ensure that knowledge management activities are implemented according to established standards; provide TA to others on those standards; and review/assess performance against standards.
• Synthesize and share lessons learned in effective knowledge management strategies and activities.
• Contribute knowledge management content to new project opportunities.
• Support the synthesis and curation of evidence and experience emerging from the project’s programming and routine data analysis.
• Stay abreast of relevant HIV science and evidence-based practices and ensure knowledge products reflect and promote the latest evidence to JCRC staff.
• Work closely with science writers, editors, designers, and language translation specialists to produce high-quality, audience-appropriate print and digital knowledge products, including peer-reviewed publications, blog posts, photo essays, technical briefs, reports and fact sheets, conference abstracts and presentations, and training materials and other technical tools.
• Design and coordinate virtual and, where appropriate, in-person learning exchange activities.
• Support the development and execution of communications and dissemination strategies for implemented projects, including liaising with JCRC corporate communications team, USAID’s communications team, and other strategic partners.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID.
• Ensure timely development and completion of project knowledge management deliverables.
• Provide support on the development of knowledge management deliverables for other bilateral HIV programs at JCRC.
Qualifications and experience;
• Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in international development, public health, journalism, or related field required.
• 5-8 years of relevant knowledge management experience, including experience with USAID-funded global health projects.
• Understanding of the political, social, cultural, and gender dimensions that impact HIV programming with key populations, adolescent girls and young women, and other priority populations desirable
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities.
• Highly proficient writing and verbal communication skills; adept at cross-cultural communication.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
• Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021