Job Title: Fresher Officer Disaster Preparedness, Health and Safety – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
The role typically involves preparing health and safety strategies and developing policies; carrying out risk assessments; liaising with regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with mandatory regulations; investigating accidents on sites and producing subsequent reports and recommendations.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Disaster Preparedness, Health and Safety for performing the following duties:-
1. Implementing the health and safety and disaster preparedness plan for the Authority in line with the guidelines from the National Policy for Disaster Preparedness and Management Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
2. Collecting information on issues pertaining health and safety and disaster preparedness in accordance with the National Policy for Disaster Preparedness and Management, Uganda Public Service Standing Orders, Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
3. Supporting staff in identification of issues on disaster preparedness, health and safety hazards connected to work and controls designed to protect against them in accordance to National Policy for Disaster Preparedness and Management, and Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
4. Preparing, maintaining and updating a data base on activities carried out in the Unit in accordance to Human Resource and Administration guidelines and Disaster Preparedness, Health and Safety guidelines.
5. Implementing the Health and Safety and Disaster preparedness systems and control measures in line with the National Policy for Disaster Preparedness and Management and Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
6. Updating the Disaster Preparedness, Health and Safety logbook on incidents, checks undertaken, drills organized, and training activities conducted in accordance to Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
7. Conducting risk assessments in the various work situations in accordance to the Disaster Preparedness health and safety guidelines and Human Resource and Administration guidelines.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, or Science, or Information Technology, or Finance and Accounting, with a bias in Risk Management, or Medicine, or Public Health from a recognized University or Institution. Professional Qualification in Health and Safety will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in either managing risk or health and safety in Government or from a reputable organization.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.