Job Title: Fresher Safety, Health and Environmental Officer – Jolems Investment Limited Jobs 2021
Organization: Jolems Investment Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Jolems Investment Limited Profile:
We are a manufacturing company based in Uganda East Africa. Among the products we currently have on Market include Biscuits, Cookies, and plastic toothbrush for both adult and children. We plan to increase other products on the market as we continue to grow.
The primary role of the Safety, Health and Environmental Officer will be to coordinate and manage health and safety systems inclusive of all internal as well as external audits and corrective action across all functions, capabilities, and sites within the organization. Safety, Health and Environment Officer will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures in line with company goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all staff and visitors observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the senior management.
- To ensure proper waste management in and outside the factory and that all waste generated as a result of our operations are handles in accordance with local and national regulations.
- To develop countermeasures and procedures to mitigate any risks identified.
- To train all personnel on-site on Occupational health and safety Audit effectiveness of the program, investigate accidents and incidents.
- To conduct safety and fire drills at specific time intervals
- Coordinate implementation of health and safety procedures and compile periodic reports for management review.
- Participate in routine plant keeping to ensure maximum hygiene and environmental standards
- Perform any duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science Engineering & Management, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Food Technology, Chemistry/Biochemistry or Microbiology, or related field Added advantage:
- At least two (02) years of work experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge with the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines & code of practices
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work at any time, even beyond normal working hours when duty calls.
- Must possess the good analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for Jolems Investment Limited Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.