Job Title: – John Snow 2 Accounts Assistants Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Profile:
John Snow, Inc. is a public health research and consulting firm in the United States and around the world. Named after the English physician John Snow, JSI, with its nonprofit partner JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., provides technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide.
The Accounts Assistant is a full-time position and will be based in Lira (60%) and District assigned (40%), in Uganda. Under the Direct Supervision of the Accountant, S/he will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and an up-to-date Mobile Money payment system; preparation of expenditure projections, documenting and reporting all expenses paid through the Mobile Money payment system and making entries into QuickBooks Accounting system. The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the project’s Mobile Money payment system, financial records, making entries into QuickBooks, payments, and receipts, custodian of Finance Files. This supports includes the following: Work with other Finance staff and Technical staff to project weekly cash requirements for the Mobile Money Payment system;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Travel to activities’ sites, work with Activity Manager to compile documents required for payment of beneficiaries and their mobile money numbers;
- Submit the payment details to the Accountant for onward processing;
- Verify beneficiaries and amounts to be paid;
- Work with the Accountant, Activity Managers and beneficiaries to resolve all issues of non-payments as soon as feasible;
- Support coding all expenses according to the relevant accounts codes;
- Support the Finance Officer to prepare payments and post transactions in QuickBooks.
- Initiate mobile money Payments for staff Advances and Expense reimbursements on a timely manner.
- Follow up financial transactions with outside agencies & vendors as necessary.
- Ensure all vouchers and back-up documentation are scanned as soon as the transactions have been fully approved and proper filing for all Mirror files are maintained.
- Ensure all original documents are scanned before they are dispatched to Boston.
- Arrange vouchers for dispatch to Home Office along with other Quick Books reports.
- Provide support in reviewing staff Advance Requests and Accountabilities and forward them for second review to FO
- Interface and work with cross functional teams within the organization;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Day today support for mobile money payments to participants are efficiently and effectively provided.
- Program staff are supported to Project weekly cash requirements.
- Onsite support to assigned District Program Staff are provided.
- All transactions are entered into QuickBooks and processed in a timely manner
- Finance Files timely and accurately filed.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science in Finance/Accounting or any other business related field;
- At least two years of relevant experience in financial management and/or accounting in an NGO setting;
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system is an added advantage;
- Working with Mobile Money payments systems is strongly desired;
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs are added advantage;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision;
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
How To Apply for the John Snow Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications via email to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letter and CV
Deadline : 19th November 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.