Job Title: Human Resource Officer – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: JCRC Headquarters in Lubowa
Department: Human Resource
Supervisor Title: Manager Human Resource & Development
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
JCRC has also led in the treatment for HIV/AIDS and opportunistic infections in Uganda and Africa at large being the first centre to provide Anti Retroviral drugs as well as expand treatment to the entire country under the PEPFAR (TREAT program 2003-2009) which resulted in the opening of 75 treatment sites in Uganda which were eventually transitioned to MOH. Currently, JCRC is the only reference centre for third-line therapy in the country. AT 27 years of service, the Centre has served over 200,000 clients on first, second and third-line ARVs at seven locations nationwide. Over the past years, various institutions such as the World Health Organisation, CWRU, Family Health Institutional, US National Institute of Health, University of California San Francisco, Johns Hopkins University, the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp and in Hamburg, EDCTP, MRC, have partnered with the JCRC.
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing day-to-day human resource administrative services. S/he shall provide technical backup to the departmental staff and shall facilitate all the internal communications between the human resource department and other department.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Maintain and update the human resource computerized information systems (NAVISION).
2. Maintain and update the human resource manual filing system.
3. Facilitate the retrieval of staff records when required.
4. Receive and file all documents relating to the human resource office.
5. Manage and monitor all the human resource related contracts and initiate renewal before expiry.
6. Receive staff complaints and suggestions, address them, or channel them to the Head of Human Resource for action.
7. Follow up the issuance and renewal of staff identity cards.
8. Ensure systematic administration of the staff leave rota
9. Dispatch letters, and any other materials to staff as required
10. Carry out new staff general orientation and introduction
11. Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management, social science, and related field.
• 1-2 years hands on experience in the field in a busy organisation.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to keep staff confidential information.
• Experience in office administration and staff scheduling.
• Experience in payroll management
• Good knowledge of computer packages MS office, excel, PowerPoint, HRIS or HRMS. • Basic knowledge of labour laws.
• Excellent organizational skills.
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All applications must be addressed to:
• Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] :
• Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.