Job Title: – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021 Stores Officer
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: JCRC-Lira, Kabale site
Reports to: Finance Manager
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The stores officer will be responsible for inventory management including among others; receiving and issuing of stock items for the entire USAID-JCRC-LPHS-Kigezi project.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform monthly and quarterly stock checks and prepare monthly inventory reports for project management.
- Reconcile book quantities with physical quantities, analyze, Interpret and investigate the resulting variance.
- Implement and improve internal controls relating to inventories, including setting and monitoring minimum and maximum levels and re-order levels.
- Ensure that Purchase are raised for restock able items.
- Ensures that all Goods Received Notes have been raised.
- Ensure that goods received are matched with the actual invoices from the supplier.
- Receives stock from vendors via procurement section; inspects supplies and accepts or rejects same depending on quality and specification given vis-a-vis purchase orders etc.
- Provides effective technical support in the storage and timely distribution of stocks in order to ensure availability and safe custody of stocks to meet operational and maintenance requirements.
- Maintain a data base of all stocks and piles reports on any shortages, losses, obsolete items and expired stocks for the attention of superior.
- May be called to take on duties unique to the Institution e.g. invigilation
- Perform any other duties as by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
- Eligible candidate must have a minimum of two (02) years of hands-on relevant experience. working for a reputable organizations preferably NGOs.
- Possession of experience from a multi donor setting will be an added advantage.
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited, to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge of PPDA Act and PPDA Regulations, high levels of integrity, Good judgment and strong communication skills, Good report writing skills, Customer-focused and hospitable, Attention to detail and quality, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Confident, decisive, and proactive, Excellent Organization Skills.
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All applications must be addressed to:
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected]
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Closing Date: Friday 19th November, 2021 at 5:00pm.