Job Title: Human Resource Officer – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing day-to-day human resource administrative services. S/he shall provide technical backup to the departmental staff and shall facilitate all the internal communications between the human resource department and other department.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the human resource computerized information systems (NAVISION).
- Maintain and update the human resource manual filing system.
- Facilitate the retrieval of staff records when required.
- Receive and file all documents relating to the human resource office.
- Manage and monitor all the human resource related contracts and initiate renewal before expiry.
- Receive staff complaints and suggestions, address them, or channel them to the Head of Human Resource for action.
- Follow up the issuance and renewal of staff identity cards.
- Ensure systematic administration of the staff leave rota.
- Dispatch letters, and any other materials to staff as required
- Carry out new staff general orientation and introduction
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management, social science, and related field.
- One to two years of hands-on experience in the field in a busy organization.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to keep staff confidential information.
- Experience in office administration and staff scheduling.
- Experience in payroll management
- Good knowledge of computer packages MS office, excel, PowerPoint, HRIS or HRMS.
- Basic knowledge of labour laws.
- Excellent organizational skills.
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All applications must be addressed to:
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected]
Please strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. The public is further strongly advised to be vigilant about fraudsters masquerading to be recruiting on JCRC’s behalf using Whatsapp and other unofficial means of communication.
Closing Date: 19th November, 2021 at 5:00pm