Jobs at:Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non-Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth. In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently is operating in the districts of Moroto, Yumbe, Katakwi, Arua, and Fort Portal with its Country Office in Kampala
Position: IT Officer
Location: Welthungerhilfe Country Office in Kampala.
Start date: February 15, 2021
Objective of the position:
The aims of the position are to ensure the functioning and security of the Country programme’s information technology components and systems .
Duties and area of responsibility:
Maintain the Country Programme hardware and software
• Ensure the functioning of all hardware (laptops, scanners, copiers, servers, desktop computers) in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards
• Maintain printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware components through basic repairs and maintenance
• Ensure smooth running of all software packages used at Welthungerhilfe office
• Continuously update all software to the latest versions
• Test new or upgraded software systems and support the rollout
• Record updates in hard and software (inventory)
• Solve hard and software related problems
• Ensure that all Warranty cards are kept in Separate file
• Ensure that all Equipment’s are tagged properly.
• Ensure an emergency deputy service in case of absence
• In cooperation with the logistician, arrange for and follow up on external maintenance services
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary on office premises or externally.
• Advise and train Welthungerhilfe staff in relevant IT packages
• Support in new staff induction
• Recommend the purchase of new and upgrade of existing hardware/software components and systems
• Be part of the procurement / tender process for electronic equipment.
Support in the installation and security of information technology components and systems
• Monitor and maintain of the IT systems both at country office and field locations.
• Resolve daily IT issues through a series of actions; TeamViewer, phone call or even or face-to-face
• Install and maintain a local area network (LAN)
• Document installation and settings on the server and on each computer
• Support the process of account creation and deactivation
• Establish proper back-up systems and ensure system security
• Periodically update anti-virus software
This position is based in Kampala but with frequent travel to Welthungerhilfe Field Project Offices
Required qualifications and professional experience
• First degree in Information and Technology or related field area.
• Minimum 4-year experience in similar position with an INGO/NGO Organization preferably
• Very good knowledge of the Windows operating system (Windows 7, Windows 10 & Windows Server) and of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2016 & Linux systems
• Good knowledge & work on experience of IT equipment, software and maintenance
• Good System admin, analytical & troubleshooting skills.
• Able to network connect computers and peripherals and share resources (printers and files)
• Good knowledge of system security and network security
• Good knowledge & work on experience of wireless and network technologies
• Good understanding of data back-up strategies
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact details including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one page motivation letter by email to [email protected] not later than January 22, 2021. Files should be submitted in single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2MB.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job applicant's privacy notice: All the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties outside of this purpose