mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The IT Officer position will support the infrastructure and systems used to support all mothers2mothers Uganda IT environments, including providing support on any of the global technologies deployed, proactively utilizing monitoring and capacity planning tools to be aware of any potential issues and taking remedial action/escalating where necessary and working on long term IT infrastructure improvement projects. The IT Officer position will support the infrastructure and systems used to support all mothers2mothers Uganda IT environments, including providing support on any of the global technologies deployed, proactively utilizing monitoring and capacity planning tools to be aware of any potential issues and taking remedial action/escalating where necessary and working on long term IT infrastructure improvement projects
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
Provide technical IT services to staff, management and other stakeholders of the Country Office operations (70%)
- In collaboration with IT- HO, develop / update and ensure implementation of guidelines, procedures and processes on data protection.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation in line with m2m Policies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system problems and coordinate with the Head Office – IT team or escalate issue for resolution
- Monitor and perform preventive maintenance to IT equipment (e.g. computers, laptops, phones and printers) and IT systems (including network software systems) at all levels ensuring that servicing schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure m2m Uganda servers are secure and fully functioning.
- Ensure data and network security.
- In liaison with the Head Offfice IT team, provide technical specifications for IT equipment based on end-user needs and support installation of equipment and software in line with m2m system requirements.
- Coordinate with established vendors for the purchase and repair of computer systems, including laptops, printers, desktop computers, phones and other peripheral devices like scanners
- Maintain the m2m Sharepoint site and sub-sites and in co-ordination with other staff, continuously monitor it’s (the site) development and ensure its integration into all m2m activities
- Develop simple custom software solutions from time to time, as may be reasonably required
- Create and maintain user accounts, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in their functionality
- Respond to customer service/help desk queries in a manner consistent with the m2m IT policies and guidelines
- Innovatively identify Technology for Programs opportunities
- Identify and prioritise IT needs in each financial year and advise management on the same.
- Provide IT support for m2m events including meetings
- Build capacity of m2m staff in the safe use of IT equipment
Procurement & Inventory management (30%)
- Take stock of all IT related inventory, accounting for all IT equipment
- In collaboration with the Office Administrator, ensure the safety and security of all IT equipment.
- Periodically recharge of all m2m internet accounts, ensuring all staff have Internet access at all times.
- Ensure that all staff have airtime every month, within the set timelines In collaboration with the Office Administrator/Procurement Officer, initiate IT related procurements, advising on the required specifications Participate in m2m periodic stock taking and asset verification
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Software engineering or related field
- At least 5 years’ hands on experience with IT systems in a busy, enterprise level Microsoft based environment.
- Experience working with Active Directory implementations
- Experience of solving complex issues and effective troubleshooting
- In depth technical knowledge of CompTIA+ hardware Experience.
- Knowledge and the ability to use share point 2016 and Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to use m2m approved backup technologies
- A good understanding of the principles of networking and internet technologies and with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Service desk management
- Kaspersky network security management
- An interest in Information Technology and a keenness to develop IT skills
- A strong commitment to the m2m values of teamwork, diversity, integrity, passion, dedication, commitment and compassion.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized, detailed and quick to evaluate the nature of IT problems and provide a timely and accurate solution
- Self driven and able to work under pressure and on multiple tasks