Job Title: – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 HR/Administration Assistant
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Reporting to the Senior HR & Admin Officer, the HR & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Lamwo office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC Lamwo.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Support with filing of human resource information
- Draft and track of Staff Contracts/COS with the support of Senior HR & Admin Officer.
Front Office Management:
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized, and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
- Attend to the office telephone, e-mail in a professional manner, and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages.
- Ensure mail pouches to other IRC Offices are dispatched in a timely manner.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc.)
- Prepare invoices and payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills, newspapers etc.) including telephone bills.
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the IT officer
- Under the supervision of the HR/ Administration Officer, compile and submit MTN – CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the Senior HR & Admin. Officer or designate
Events Management (Conference / Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- Work closely with the focal person on the personnel committee, coordinate monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars, and conferences for the country office.
- Ensure that support is provided in a timely and reliable fashion with travel arrangements, conference venue bookings, meeting arrangements, accommodation booking for staff from other programs and other official visitors.
- Flights focal person- ensure that all the flight requests-local & international are actioned in an efficient manner.
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- In Liaison with the HR/Admin officer, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staffs.
- Provide timely and proper set-up of conference rooms or venues for various meetings as and when.
- Work in Liaison with the Senior HR/Admin Officer, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates to relevant staffs.
Support to the Human Resource/ Administration function
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops, and activities
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison with the Senior HR/Admin Officer for Lamwo.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruitment staff at Lamwo Office
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Support with accommodation booking for guests, track visitors to your field site and prepare payments.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave and R&R, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the Senior HR & Admin Officer.
- Support maintenance of the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Lamwo and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Secretarial task to ensure OADF forms/Templates are replenished and updated
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staffs.
- Perform other work-related duties as required by the Senior HR & Admin Officer.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee HR/Administration Assistant job should hold a University degree in Human Resources, Business administration or any other related course.
- Two years of working experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong written and oral English communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th May 2022