Job Title: Dispenser – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Imvepi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala.
Dispensing drugs and assisting the pharmacist and facility in-charge in all activities appropriate to the dispensary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dispense drugs to clients.
- Conduct prescription /counselling of clients.
- Ensure proper recording of drugs.
- Monitor drug stock and inform the supervisor.
- Participate in the drug stock takings.
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the section.
- Participate in CME and any other trainings organized by Reach Out.
- Provide health education on drug use.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Provide regular feedback and stock status.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Certificate in dispensing/pharmaceuticals from a recognized institution.
- Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council with proof of practicing license.
- At least 1 year of experience in a NGO setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must.
- Proficiency in Computer Microsoft office applications; Word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24 th January 2022