Job Title: Fresher Program Administrative Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Under the supervision of the M&E officer, the Program Administrative Assistant will act as the focal point for all Programs staff under the APEAL Project ie WPE & PRoL department providing administrative support and handling their queries. He/She will handle office stock, preparing regular purchase requests, payment requests and reports, preparing periodic procurement plans, organizing and maintaining program records. He/She should have knowledge and understanding of handling of office equipment and tools.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft and follow up on office purchase and payment requests for the Programs team ie manage program/office supplies through receiving and making release orders
- Support the Managers within WPE and Protection sectors to review PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for WPE & PRoL departments.
- Act as a liaison between Program, Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Program departments
- Organize a filing system for all program documentations while adhering to IRC confidentiality policies.
- Maintain program calendar and schedule appointments
- Book and/or schedule meetings and training venues for Program activities as and when need arises.
- Liaise with Managers in the Programs department to schedule in-house and external events.
- Work with the Managers in Program department to ensure staff submit their timesheets to HR in time.
- Support Program Managers in partnership with the HR Personnel to handle program staff leave database in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Ensure relevant information concerning staff is shared with HR/Admin Personnel on a regular basis where need be.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the HR/Admin Officer when needed on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social sciences or any other related field of study.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience in program administration
- Previous working experience with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with programs sector is an added advantage.
- Works well and collaboratively with team members and people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds to achieve results.
- Multi-tasker, flexible and prepared to work additional hours when needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work well under pressure in changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Good computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.