Job Title: – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Play Well Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, the M&E Assistant will be based in IRC Field Office in Bidibidi with frequent field travels to Lamwo (Palabek settlement). The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes. The position will support measurement in the Field Office. The Assistant will support the M&E officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project interventions implemented in the field and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the M&E Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Submit to the M&E Officer weekly and monthly updates on M& E activities conducted in the field.
- With support from the M&E Officer, conduct capacity building and mentorship to field staff in M&E.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports.
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation tools with support from M&E Officer and Project Lead.
- Work with Play Well distribution officer to develop robust M&E tools and systems to monitor different distribution channels.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports.
- Support the implementation of IRC’s MEAL standards including the Monitoring for action (MFA) standards in field sites.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- A bachelor`s degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Development Studies, Statistics, or a related discipline with 1-2 years’ experience in M&E.
- Post-graduate Diploma in M&E will be an added advantage.
- Previous work with an NGO in humanitarian environment.
Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to adapt to changing environments yet remain productive and focused.
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook)
- Familiar with digital data collection and analysis packages (KOBO Toolbox, ODK Collect, MS Excel, SPSS, CommCare)
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.