Job Title: – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Finance Assistant
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Moroto
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Moroto team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Finance Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers.
- Process all cash and bank payments as per the approval received.
- Pay cash to the payees in the Moroto Office.
- Prepare cheques for approval and make payment to the payees.
- Follow-up cash in transit and transfers.
- Act as a cashier and make payments to payees in the field.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Work closely with HR and Administration Assistant/Officer to raise hotel bookings for visitors to the field.
- Assist the HR and Administration Assistant/Officer to maintain timesheets for all staff.
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
- University Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or any other related course or a Diploma with 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 1 year working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite).
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must have ability to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment while working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good supervisory and time management skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.