Job Title: Fresher Enrolled Nurses – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Direct supervisor: Nursing Officer
Technical support: Medical Officer, Health facility in-charge
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, education, economic recovery and development, protection, and prevention and response to gender-based violence (GBV). IRC has its country office in Kampala and works in Yumbe/Bidibidi, Arua/Imvepi and Rhino, Lamwo/Palabek, Karamoja region, Kyegegwa/Kyaka II, Kiryandongo, and Kampala-Urban
The Enrolled nurse will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education both at facility and community.
- Attend to clients and provide treatments as prescribed by the clinicians. Actively participate in the close monitoring of patient vitals and timely informing the clinicians to review when necessary.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arise
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
- Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB e.t.c
- Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
- Participate in the capacity building of community based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Provide regular feedback to the clinicians on status of the patients
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Certificate in Nursing.
- Should be registered with relevant professional body and must have a valid practicing license
- At least one year working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities;
- Experience in Information management
Skills and Abilities
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Clinical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th August 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.