Job Title: Enrolled Nurse – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Impevi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala with field offices in Kitgum, Moroto, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kyaka II and Kiryandongo.
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala and Kiryandongo settlement. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in the districts of Kitgum, Lamwo, Arua, Yumbe, Kyegegwa, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Kampala including 7 districts in Karamoja region.
The Enrolled nurse will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education both at facility and community.
- Attend to clients and provide treatments as prescribed by the clinicians. Actively participate in the close monitoring of patient vitals and timely informing the clinicians to review when necessary.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arises.
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary.
- Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB etc.
- Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
- Participate in the capacity building of community based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic.
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation.
- Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work.
Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Provide regular feedback to the clinicians on status of the patients.
- Assist in preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have a Certificate in Comprehensive Nursing or its equivalent.
- At least one year working experience in Primary Health Care settings.
- Should be registered with relevant professional body and must have a valid practicing license.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and coordinating health activities.
- Experience in Information management.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th November 2021