Job Title: Fresher Diploma Protection Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Officers with the implementation of Protection and Rule of Law program activities in the set?up of protection interventions in Bidibidi Settlement. She/he will work closely with Community Based Volunteers in leading outreach and mobilization activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures daily operation of Information and Support Centers (ISCs) in assigned Zone.
- Provides timely feedback on issues and complaints raised by refugees at ISCs.
- Ensures all protection concerns and/or complaints by refugees are accurately assessed and recorded in the intake, either directly assisting and/or referring an individual to appropriate service provider.
- The Protection Assistant will conduct one follow up of the case, according to operating procedures.
- Coordinates with service providers to strengthen referral pathway, including weekly referral/case meetings.
- Works with Protection Officers and Community Based volunteers to conduct protection information and awareness session ? community outreaches.
- Maintains and collects data in line with agreed procedures.
- Conducts PSN home visits, assessing needs and ensures adequate referral/assistance provided.
- Work closely with Community-Based Volunteers, providing support and guidance in their activities.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Protection Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Protection Officers, Legal Officers, Legal Assistants and Community-Based Volunteers
External: UNHCR, OPM, and other Protection Actors
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
• Educated at Diploma level in a relevant field.
• At least One (1) year of prior professional experience in a similar post, with an international or national NGO. Applicants with significant Volunteering experience in an INGO or NGO of reputable standing may be considered.
• Good awareness of protection issues and the refugee context
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize activities and meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity in working with refugees and vulnerable communities
• Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
• Maintains high levels of confidentiality
• Comfortable using Information technology (Computers, Smart Phones and Tablets).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 8th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.