Job Title: Fresher Diploma Laboratory Technician – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the Laboratory technician will ensure laboratory services of all sites, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy
- Keep accurate records of tests
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce uncompromised results
- Participate in development and implementation of laboratory standard of procedures (SOPs
- Participate in Report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the clinic site
- Receive, collect, transport, process and analyse lab experiments
- Carry out quality control of lab reagents and equipments
- Assist in drawing-up lab plans and budget s
- Mentor the laboratory assistant, and any other trainee
- Attend monthly Lab meetings and any other meetings that may arise
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and ensure adherence
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organisation.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
STANDARDS FOR PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Holds a diploma in Laboratory technology from a reputable institution with at least two years’ experience preferably in a humanitarian setting.
- Must be registered with the Allied health professional council and have a valid practising license.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization, implementing PHC services in a humanitarian setting.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.