Job Title: 2 Community Based Volunteers – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe and Imvepi.
Under the supervision of WPE Response and Prevention officers, the Volunteers will be responsible for providing support to GBV Prevention and Response activities which include; Establishment of adolescent girls programming and life skills training, EMAP, Awareness creation on GBV ,Case management, Psycho-social Support , establishment of private safe spaces at health facilities and conducting CCSAS trainings among others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the mobilization of community members for WPE activities; Awareness sessions, behavior change approaches and Vulnerability assessments.
- Support the timely reporting and referral of GBV cases from the community for case management.
- Conduct GBV prevention awareness raising within the community including IRC’s signature behavior change approaches.
- Work as first point contacts for IRC in the community.
- Participate in client feedback sessions and document the issues raised for sharing with the WPE staff.
- Provide translation services when required.
- Accompany Persons of Concern to access required services in a meaningful and dignified manner.
- Keep a weekly record of assignment undertaken.
- Be the ‘Eyes and Ears’ of the organization within the community, maintaining regular links with community leadership structures established
- Support project assessments with related activities i.e. data collection, mobilization of groups, translation etc.
- Any other reasonable activities determined by the Supervisor that is commensurate with the needs of the program.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- At least a certificate of education from a recognized institution from Country of Origin and O & A level in Uganda
- At least one (1) year of prior experience in a similar post, preferably with an international organization in Urban setting.
- Good protection background and knowledge of Urban refugee context.
- Resident in the village or ward in Kawempe and Makindye
- Recommendation letter from refugee leaders or Local Council 1 Chairperson of the Cell
- Photocopy of refugee identification card or attestation card or National ID for Ugandans
- Ability to speak and write English and knowledge of the local languages commonly spoken preferably from any language in Congo, South Sudan, Rwanda, Eritrea, Somalia and Burundi.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30 th August 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.