Job Title: Clinical Officer – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Busia, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Medical Officers to ensure participants are seen on time and the clinic opens Mon-Sun 8am-5pm, when on duty
- Participate in screening of study participants and obtain informed consent from parents/guardians
- Ensure accurate and proper completion of all study logs and case record forms
- Perform clinical examinations and basic laboratory evaluations
- Provide appropriate treatment for participants, and refer complicated cases for further evaluation, with support of Medical Officers
- Participate in entering Laboratory results into the participants’ case record forms and filing of the result slips under supervision of the Medical Officers
- Maintain confidentiality of records and research findings as appropriate
- Attend staff meetings
- A Diploma in clinical medicine from a recognized institution.
- Fully registered with Allied Medical Council with annual practicing license
- Experience working in a research setting especially HIV and Malaria research
- Evidence of training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and HSP.
- Ability to speak Samia is a must; other languages like Swahili, Luganda, Ateso will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 10th December 2021 by 5:00pm