Job Title: Accounting Officer – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate to fill the position of Accounting Officer for the Mbarara site. The successful candidate will report to the Programme Manager administratively and to the Accountant technically. The Accounting Officer will be responsible for the day today financial operations of the site and will supervise the Supplies Assistant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Disseminate Finance policy and SOPs and ensure adherence by all staff.
• Responsible for the petty cash Management. i.e., Funds Safe keeping under key and lock, ensure that all petty cash requests have supporting documentation, are approved and are within the budget. Maintain records of all petty cash transactions per project.
• Working advances management for the project teams. Supporting requisitions, attaining grants approvals, ensuring funds are used for their intended purpose and accounted for.
• Monitor project outstanding balances regularly to ensure timely accountability. Review paper work for completeness and maintain records of all paper work.
• Efficient and effective vendor payment in a timely manner by double checking for accuracy of all documents submitted before making payments to suppliers, know of all taxes to be considered at payment and keep records of all vendor related paper work.
• Ensure that Cheques are properly recorded before being issued and cheque accountabilities submitted at the end of every month.
• Enter daily transactions in Navision and ensure that entries are correctly posted as per categories and budget lines.
• Support project staff in making payments during activity implementation. E.g., during trainings, submission of mobile money payment sheets, confirming attendance.
• Provide support during budgeting for site projects/Admin department.
• Support internal and external project audit at the site level by providing auditors with the necessary information as requested. And support senior accountant in implementation of audit recommendations
• Conduct monthly cash counts before the 5th of the next month, weekly cash count with different Project Coordinators or Project Manager.
• Organize for monthly stock counts. Review stores reports.i.e., Asset reports, Stock variation reports.
• Play role of reviewing and posting all entries made by the Supplies Assistant.
• Conduct regular field visits to ensure internal controls as per organizational policies are maintained.
• Attend zoom meetings with the Kampala team and provide site updates.
• Maintain a sound filing system of all financial records and transactions.
• Submit weekly and monthly reports.
• Organize for Bi-Annual Asset Verification
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Degree in Business Administration with a bias in Accounting or Finance.
• A minimum of 3 years’ progressive work experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Competence in MS Excel.
• Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Dynamics-Navision is an added advantage.
• Good communication & interpersonal skills as well as a flexible attitude.
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Submit your applications using this link on the IDRC website:
Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
Deadline: 6th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.